6th Edition International Conference EmergeMAT
The 6th EmergeMAT Conference will be organized in hybrid format and will focus on bringing together students, scientists, engineers, industry representatives and other stakeholders interested in developing new methods, concepts and materials using new and emerging technologies, as well as materials modelling.
The Project Coordinator and Senior Science Officer of ERA-MIN 3, Ms. Dina Carrilho (Foundation for Science and Technology (Portugal)) , will impart a plenary lecture with title: "Ensuring a sustainable supply of raw materials for the digital and green transition"
Different sections can be found in the Conference:
MATERIALS FOR ENERGY
- Materials for improved metal ion batteries: advanced materials for metal ion-based batteries, electrochemical methods and new characterisation methods;
- Materials for solid oxide fuel cells, methods for synthesis, sintering and characterization;
- New piezoelectric and thermoelectric materials for energy harvesting;
- Novel materials for thermal energy storage.
CRITICAL RAW MATERIALS
- New materials and processes for sustainable replacement of critical raw materials for extreme conditions;
- Additive manufacturing of novel metallic, ceramic, composite and hybrid materials for energy and biomedical applications;
- Circularity of advanced materials, new processes for their re-use and re-design.
NEW MATERIALS FOR ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
- Materials for industrial waste water purification;
- Materials for CO2 adsorption;
- New materials for sensors and advanced detection.
MATERIALS MODELLING AND SIMULATION
- Atomistic modelling of materials for energy storage;
- Atomistic modelling of materials for biomedical applications;
- Process modelling.
The coordinator of ERA-MIN 3, Dr. Dina Carrilho, will present ERA-MIN project next 9th during the EmergeMAT conference.