51 proposals submitted to the ERA-MIN Joint Call 2018
51 proposals have been submitted to the ERA-MIN Joint Call 2018, involving 280 applicants, requesting a total of 36 million € of public funds and with total costs of 49 million €.
The one-step call, which was published on 31 October 2018 and closed on 31 January 2019, is focused on needs-driven R&I on all aspects of the non-energy non-agricultural raw materials life cycle covering both primary and secondary resources and substitution of Critical Raw Materials in a circular economy approach. The five thematic areas are:
- Supply of raw materials from exploration and mining
- Processing, Production and Remanufacturing
- Recycling and Re-use of End-of-Life Products
- Cross-cutting topics. Proposals within this topic are expected to propose non-technological innovations regarding:
- New business models,
- Improvement of methods or data for environmental impact assessment,
- Social acceptance and trust/public perception of raw materials.
Further information of the call is available here.