ERA-MIN Joint Call 2018
Raw materials for the sustainable development and the circular economy
|October 31, 2018||Call Text publication|
|November 20, 2018||Call for proposals opens|
|January 31, 2019||Call for proposals ends|
|May 14, 2019||Communication of call results|
|November 1, 2019||Latest date for project start|
- ERA-MIN Joint Call 2018 - Call Text - revised version (4 December)
- ERA-MIN Joint Call 2018 - FAQs
- ERA-MIN Joint Call 2018 - Guide for proposal submission
- Form A - Technical Description of the Proposal
- Form B -Statement of Commitment
- Form C - Statement of own funding
- Financial Plan
- Gantt Chart
- CV template of key personnel
Electronic Submission System: Link to access to the ESS: https://www.submission-era-min.eu/call2
Call scope and topics
The scope of the 2018 Joint Call is needs-driven research and innovation on all aspects of the non-energy non-agricultural raw materials (metallic, construction and industrial minerals) life cycle covering both primary and secondary resources and substitution of Critical Raw Materials in a circular economy approach. The five thematic areas are:
- Supply of raw materials from exploration and mining
- Processing, Production and Remanufacturing
- Recycling and Re-use of End-of-Life Products
- Cross-cutting topics. Proposals within Topic 5 are expected to propose non-technological innovations regarding:
- New business models,
- Improvement of methods or data for environmental impact assessment,
- Social acceptance and trust/public perception of raw materials.
- All stakeholders in the raw materials value chain, including academia, SMEs, industry, NGOs, public authorities and civil society who meet the eligibility criteria.
- Partners not requesting funding may be part of the consortium if they support their own costs.
- Each consortium must be composed of at least three independent legal entities eligible to request funding from the Funding Organisations of, at least, two different countries whereof at least one is a EU Member State or EU Associated Country participating in the Call.
- The coordinator of the consortium must be eligible for funding and be established in a country or region participating in the Call.
Applicants are obliged to check with their national/regional contact point about the relevant national/regional regulations.
Participating countries and regions
The participating funding organisations (ministries, funding agencies, regions) are not only ERA-MIN 2 partners. Additional Funding Organisations from Belgium-Brussels, Belgium-Wallonia, Canada- Québec, Greece, Italy-Calabria (to be confirmed) and Slovakia are participating:
EU countries/regions: Belgium-Brussels; Belgium-Flanders; Belgium-Wallonia; Finland; France; Germany; Greece; Italy-Calabria; Ireland; Poland; Portugal; Romania; Slovakia; Slovenia; Spain; Spain - Castilla y Léon; Sweden.
EU Associated country: Turkey.
Non-EU countries: Brazil; Canada-Québec; Chile and South Africa.